The Liebster Award is away of promoting new bloggers. Bloggers are nominated by others who have received the award to answer questions and share some facts about themselves before sharing the love and nominating some of their own favourite bloggers (which i’ve done at the bottom of this post).
I’ve only been blogging for two months so I’m over the moon that Ally Kat liked what I do enough to nominate me for this award – thanks Ally! Ally Kat’s blog is a really honest account of her everyday life (the good, the bad and the funny). If that’s up your street then follow the link above and check out her blog.
1. Why did you start blogging? What inspired you?
So many reasons! I’ve been interested in food for as long as I can remember. I trained as a dietitian (though that was way too long ago for anyone to rely on what I say as qualified advice!) and used to love trying out new food and recipes. After having kids cooking became a chore though, and I ended up cooking the same meals all the time. I thought starting a blog would give me a reason to enjoy cooking again and sharing my recipes might help other people too.
The inspiration for getting the kids to cook really came from wanting them to grow up to have a healthy relationship with food, with the added bonus of teaching them how to cook. I live in hope that one day I can sit and drink a hot cup of coffee while they cook dinner for me 😆.
2. What is your favourite blog post?
My favourite posts are the ones where I cook with my kids. I think Fabulous Flapjacks is my favourite so far – besides the fact that all six of us enjoyed eating the end result it was the first time I really saw Jess and Vic enjoy cooking, and some of the photos are beyond cute 😃.
3. What is a motto that you live by?
“Find the good in every day”.
As much as I love my kids, having three children under two was tough. As a mum it’s easy to lose your sense of yourself and I started to get really overwhelmed with the pressure of keeping three little people happy and safe, as well as keeping the house clean and trying to survive on no sleep! Eventually I realised that if I didn’t go with the flow then I was going to drown and life got much easier! I might not have the freedom to pop out for a coffee with friends whenever I want now, or the spare cash to treat myself to a new wardrobe but I wouldn’t change my life for anything so I look for the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.
4. Who would narrate the story of your life?
I’m going to say Stephen Fry. He’s got a lovely voice and I watched The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy last week, which he did a great job of narrating on.
5. If magic was real what spell would you learn first and why?
I’d definitely learn how to freeze time. It would be amazing to be able to drink a hot cup of coffee (coffee features heavily in my life these days!) without being disturbed. Also I think freezing time is just about the only way I’ll ever get to the bottom of my daily to do list.
6. Who is someone who greatly inspires you and why?
My mum! She always takes whatever life throws at her in her stride, family is her top priority and she has taught me not to worry about things you can’t control in life. I hope I can be as good a mum to my children as she has been to me ❤.
7. Any pets? Pictures are great
Yep, we’ve got three cats – Mia (tabby and white), Merlin (seal point Siamese) and Marley (ginger and white). My husband joked that we should get a fourth cat when our fourth child was born. It didn’t go down well…
8. In only three words describe yourself.
Friendly, fun, frazzled.
9. Where is your favourite place in the world to be right now?
Anywhere along the coast in north Cornwall. I find the sea really calming (and I need some calm in my life at the moment) and the scenery there is beautiful. It doesn’t need to be warm, as long as it’s dry and sunny.
10. What is a goal that you wish to achieve soon?
I’d like to make sure that the kids have an amazing Christmas.
11. What would you say to your younger self right now?
Believe in yourself. I used to be really shy and unsure of myself. In the last few years I’ve spent so much time out of my comfort zone and it’ made me realise that the more you push yourself the more you get out of life.
11 random facts about me:
1. I’m fine with spiders and mice but I’m scared of shield bugs.
2. My favourite time of the year is spring.
3. I love visiting new places but haven’t been abroad since my honeymoon in 2010!
4. I’m Welsh but happily living in England (except for when the Six Nations is on).
5. Made in Chelsea is my TV guilty pleasure.
6. I’ve been vegetarian since I was 11 but still cook meat for the rest of the family.
7. I love walking up hills and in the countryside.
8. I’d rather be hot than cold.
9. I was a swot in school.
10. I’d like to be sporty but I’m just too lazy.
11. I don’t like having nothing to do.
For my nominees, please read on and keep the Liebster Award going.
The rules are as follows:
1.Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2.Display the award on your blog — I’ve used it as the header image for this post.
3.Answer 11 questions provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4.Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5.Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers (I’ve gone on Twitter followers).
6.Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7.List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8.Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Here are your questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favourite post from your own blog? Why?
3. If you could time travel where would you go, and why?
4. Who is someone who greatly inspires you? Why?
5. Do you have any pets? Share a picture if you can.
6. Where is your favourite place in the world?
7. What is your favourite food? And your least favourite?
8. Share one of your guilty pleasures.
9. What are you most proud of in your life?
10. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
11. Describe yourself in three words.
Feel free to follow the links to their blogs if you want to find some interesting new blogs, and thanks for reading.